Monday 2 December 2013

Grind Quest: Objectives

My top 10 favorite games.
  1. Halo 3 - First person shooter. Good story and universe and amazing competitive multiplayer.
  2.  Shadowrun - First person shooter. Great game mechanics and competitive multiplayer.
  3.  Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Action-Adventure game. Hero runs though dungeons and fights evil. 
  4. Borderlands - First person shooter, Action, RPG, Gun Collecting. Run around doing missions to get to the vault and get awesome loot to do it with.
  5. Soul Caliber 2 - 3D Fighting game. Beat the other player face in -> win.
  6. Trials HD - Bike racing, puzzle game. Try to do the course with least number of tries, while trying not to through the controller.
  7. XCOM Enemy Unknown - Turn based tactical role playing game. Commander of humanity fighting force against alien invaders.
  8. Super Smash Brother Melee - Platform fighting game. Bash opponent’s faces and knock them out.
  9. Hitman Absolution - Action-Adventure stealth game. Quietly assassinate your target and get out.
  10. Mark Of The Ninja Side-scrolling Action Stealth game. Be a bad ass ninja killing bad guys while descending into madness.
There are a couple of games that you could call similar. When I look back at my gaming life, you could say that I have gone through a few trends. In my early stages of gaming in elementary school I played mostly games like Legend of Zelda, super smash bros melee, and Soul caliber 2. These games had an art style that I would not define as real but more playful and fun. The game generals were all different but they all seemed to have a lot of action and adventure in them. Then I went to high school and quickly found myself into FPS games. Halo 3 became my gaming world for most of high school as I was captured by the insanely competitive multiplayer. This was the time when Halo 3 was big in MLG (major league gaming) and I found myself caught up in the competitive scene. When I came to university I found that I started to appreciate the strategic part of games. I also found that I liked the stealth aspects of games as it was a different experience from the fast pace shooting that I was use to.

I have discovered that as I grow and evolve as a gamer, I started to appreciate different aspects of games. If you were to look at my favorite game list and try to find some similarities you would find that a lot of the games have a lot of action in them, I have to say that a game can keep my attention if it has good story and a lot of action to keep me going. I also like games that are highly competitive as I am a highly competitive person. Halo 3 and Shadowrun are very competitive mulitplayer games. I would practice Soul caliber so I could beat my friends and hold bragging right. The same could be said for Trials HD as I would play levels until I had the best run out of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment